Sunday, October 26, 2008

Where's Waldo and Wanda?

Last night was our third annual Halloween Party with our Sunday School class. We put quite a bit of thought into what we wanted to be this year. We visited countless websites looking for ideas and we even tried out a local Halloween warehouse. We decided on a Where's Waldo and Wanda costume Thursday night before our party Saturday. I liked this idea because I thought it was unique and would be easy to put together. Friday after school, Eric and I went to grab some pizza at a local place here. I saw the perfect "Wanda Shirt" walking by right outside the pizza place. I told Eric that I had to find out where she found her red and white stripped shirt. I followed her into an ice cream store and told her that I have been looking for a shirt just like hers. She was so nice and explained that she had found it at GAP and her friend had found a similar one at Nautica. She didn't seem at all bothered by a stranger stopping her to ask her about her wardrobe.

With that helpful hint we were off to GAP! We covered 10 stores in about an hour. We were on mission. Red and white stripped images ran through our heads and we had limited time to find them. I love shopping and I love a good mission but this one had its challenges. We hit the jackpot right off the bat at GAP finding my shirt and two hats for us. But the more we shopped, the more distracted I became. I found myself wondering to the womens section and picking up green and yellow things. Oh, so much shopping and so little time. We went to Target next and found Eric a red and navy stripped shirt and hat. I thought somewhere in the back of my mind I had seen Waldo in that color scheme. Upon getting home and checking the computer, I found myself corrected.

Saturday morning was off in a hurry. I had a shower at 2:00 and told Mom I would come over early to help. We ventured out to Party City and fought the crowd to find some black rimmed glasses and red and white tights. One more stop to Macy's and our costume would be complete. We were walking through the mens section with a purpose. Then I a saw it across the way! My Jr. High days are back to haunt me! BIG red and white stripped, long sleeve, white collar, RUBBER buttons!!! (Eric says it is more rugby like) Now, I remember having several shirts very similar to this. I definitely remember the rubber buttons and I can't believe they are back. But that was it, it was our Where's Waldo shirt!

The party was filled with ghost busters, Elvis, an email attachment, a football player and cheerleader, angel, cowboy, football fans and a couple of Romans. We had a great time getting to hang out with our friends.

No comments: