Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Highlights: Graduation, Showers and a Growing Belly

Here are the highlights of our last couple of months.

Eric has finally come to the end of his time at DTS. After 5 years, he has a masters and is smarter than ever! :) Some family flew in to join the graduation ceremony and party. We had a weekend of chapels, Bar B Qs , petting zoos, rehearsals, and parties! It was a fast couple of days. Here are a few pictures of the fun!

Eric as he entered Graduation




Just three weeks later we were off to NC for a quick visit and our first baby shower! It was fun opening little baby things and baby outfits.

cute punch!


KK helping Amy


Amy and Aunt Kim comparing baby bumps!


Aunt Terry, Erin and little Sam


Aunt Dena and Afro Cook


Emily and Amy


A diaper cake! What a cute centerpiece! Thanks Gina, Mary Alice and Big Benny!


One of the many cute outfits


All of the guys

He now has quite a good start in his closet. He will be a well dressed little thing. Thanks to everyone who threw the NC shower for us! Susan, Emily, Terry, Kathy, Dena, Gina, Joan, Al, Michele, Kim, & Pam - thank you all so much!!!

We flew back to Texas for me to finish my last week of school and have a second shower with my school. I have a great team of teachers that I work with! They put all of this together!



Cindy, Michele, Me and Kim...I love these girls!


Many fun and creative gifts from teachers! Teachers really know how to put together cute buckets, baskets and tubs! So many cute ribbons and polka dots!


Any finally, here is an updated Drew picture. This was taken at 31 weeks. He is growing everyday. I feel great and am not having problems sleeping or feeling uncomfortable. Now that summer is here and I am out of school I plan on relaxing by the pool and and finishing things up in Drew's room. Leaving school is hard and very bitter sweet. It is hard to think that I will not be returning any time soon. I think Eric said it best as we were walking out of my school room yesterday - he said "God has really blessed your socks off here". God has done great things over the last 2 years and although I am sad about leaving teaching for this period, I know that many new and fun things are approaching very soon.

No comments: