Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Best Father's Day Present Ever

Father's Day 2009


So today is the first Father's Day for me and it is absolutely amazing. Having a son is one of the most precious things that has ever happened to me in my life. I love this little guy so much and hope that I can be as good of a Dad to him as my Dad is to me.

My parents Danny and Susan were able to fly in from North Carolina the morning after little Drew Grayson Dollyhigh came into the world. We had an incredible week with them here - they helped out so much with everything - from cleaning our house, to mowing the yard, to painting the nursery (with the help of Bruce and Sara), and many other things. But most importantly, we got to spend time with them and watch them bond with their new grandson. That was truly priceless. It was a great Father's Day week!

Smiles all Around


Dad and Drew

I am excited to watch Drew grow and to be the best possible father I can be to him with God's help.

2 comments:

Kristin Barnett said...

Eric, you are going to make a great daddy for baby Drew. Happy first Father's Day!

Grace said...

Eric and Amy,

I was thinking about you guys all week, and how cute Drew looks. I cant wait to meet the little guy. You guys will be wonderful parents.

I hope that Y'all will have a wonderful rest of the week and I'm looking forward for more updates.

~God Bless
Grace Green