Saturday, October 24, 2009

4 Month Check Up

Our little bug is growing so much and it is so fun to watch. The older he gets, the more he does. I have the best of intentions to write in his baby book to keep track of everything (and I have written down plenty of it) but he is always doing new things. It is hard to keep up.

Eric spent 10 days in Hungary the first of the month so Drew and I had 10 days of just mom and baby time. Praise the Lord that the sweet baby started sleeping through the night September 29 (just a couple of days before Eric left). That was SUCH a big help! I know 5 hours is considered sleeping through the night but I am talking about really sleeping. He is now sleeping 8-9 hours at a time and we are tickled! This made all the difference in our time while Eric was away. Sleeping through the night may be the most important of his new talents but it is certainly not the only thing new he is doing. He has also learned to suck his thumb. He has been working on figuring that out for about a month but he has it down and loves it now!



One of the first times he found his thumb, he fell asleep on his play mat by himself. Normally he can not find his hands while he is sleeping because we still swaddled him before bedtime. We found in the beginning, that this was the best way to help him sleep and wondered how we would ever stop swaddling him since he loved it so much. I guess he was just ready to have his hands free so it was a very easy transition. Since he was sleeping through the night, I didn't want to rock the boat and change too much of his routine at one time so we just gave him one arm at a time out of the blankets. He now gets both arms with just the little body wrapped. :)


Drew always has plenty to say on his changing table. The newest noise that he is making is blowing air through lips making them vibrate. This accompanies many other bellows and howls. He loves to smile but we have not had much luck getting it on camera. I catch this one yesterday on my phone.


He went in for his 4 month check up Thursday. He was actually 4 months 1 week if it matters. He weighted 13 lbs 15 oz and is now 25 inches long. For his length he is in the 41 percentile! Not shabby for this little 7 week preemie.

1 comment:

Kristin Barnett said...

I like it that he started sleeping though the night on your birthday! Kind of like how I felt Allison kick for the first time on my birthday. I think they just know... ;)