Saturday, August 22, 2009

Six Minutes of Mishaps

Yesterday I was sitting on the couch with the Boppy feeding Drew as is our normal every three hour routine. After he was done eating I start burping him. Knowing this burping process can take a while, and most times he does not even burp, I am always prepared that when I lean him back, spit up is very likely. Putting a bib on him usually helps keep his oneise clean but not always! This was one of those days. Just as I got the bib around his neck he exploded sending spit up past the bib, on the oneise and reaching my stomach and shorts! As I started wiping and up his volcanic explosion, I noticed evidence of another problem on the towel covering the Boppy. What appeared to be poop was on the edge of the towel from where he was laying to eat. Lifting a leg to better inspect the ruffles of his diaper, sure enough we had gooey leak.



I carefully picked him up and held him away from me trying to minimize the mess we were making as I carried him to his nursery. I laid him down on his changing pad, unsnapped his onesie, pulled the Velcro strips back from his diaper and the MOMENT I pulled back the diaper, pee goes streaming through the air!



It covers any part of the onesie that was clean, the wall and the changing pad! I pride myself in being fast at catching fountains but this one defeated me! After wiping the pee from the wall quickly and getting over the shock of how many little explosions we had in just a few minutes I laughed! Motherhood is great!

No comments: