Monday, November 10, 2008

Sky Ranch Adventures


This is our second year to take our 5th graders to Sky Ranch for their outdoor education. I had a great time this year and loved getting to know my kids so much better. I love Sky Ranch for many reasons but one is that it is a Christian camp. During the school year they do not focus or push their Christian influence but the presence of God is definitely there. In the back of most cabins there is a fire pit and a large cross erected. They have also placed verses up on the walls in the cabins, meeting areas and various places throughout the camp.


My favorite verse that I saw was Philippians 4:8 "Finally brothers whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things."

The teachers dressed up one night for a live in the dark game of clue. This year I assumed the role of the cowgirl which my students thought was fitting since I have a barn in my classroom. As luck would have it, I did the crime out of all the characters!

Teachers were also the object of a friction, gravity, forces of nature experiment on the zip line. We dropped off of a 3 story structure all of the sake of science...my favorite!


The classes that the kids participated in while there were a fresh water study, an animal ecology, Native American (one of my new favorites) and forces in nature. We had great weather and the scenery was beautiful.

All 79 students that traveled to camp with us!

No comments: