Monday, August 25, 2008

School's Back in Session


The last 2 weeks have been a whirl wind to me. The moment we got back from NC I have hit the ground running. Getting ready for a new school year can be so intense even if you don't switch rooms or change schools. Upon my arrival to elementary school I quickly learned about hallways, decorations and themes. Each year the school has a school wide theme that we use to decorate the hallways between classrooms. This year our theme is Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Now we are defiantly not kindergarten who recreated with an entire Candy Land theme but we were pleased with our outcomes. We decided to go with the Wonka bar/golden ticket idea for our hallway. The teachers have the big golden tickets and the kids have smaller ones around it.


When we designed the store front to the candy store, we used the front of Opie's Candy Store in Mt. Airy as our inspiration.



My room is western theme


My classroom

This is the barn that Eric built for me. We moved with this barn. It used to be must larger when I was in Wylie. Eric did a great job making it and I always get lots of compliments from other teachers on it.


My desk area. There is also a window looking into the barn so that I can keep an eye on the kids in the barn if I'm at my desk.


No comments: