Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Goose



Tonight Amy and I took our Bichons to Joe Farmer park here in Allen. We often times go to this spot because it is a nice contrast to the concrete that is most of the city of Allen. This park has a few ponds where ducks, geese, and the like gather. So there we were, bichons in hand, strolling along, and then suddenly, there was a boy chasing a goose. We thought that he was picking on it but in fact he was trying to help it because there was a fishing line tightly wrapped around its large orange leg leaving the bottom part of the leg purplish blue. So Ole' Lips came bounding to the rescue. First, I shifted to my abilities as a Duck Whisperer and calmed the fowl down. I caressed his long neck and then started digging out the fishing line. Within a matter of 5 minutes, I had the goose unbound and was massaging his leg to get the blood to circulate back to his extremity. I arose to a standing ovation with the galley waving banners, foam number one fingers, and American flags. What a night. Here is a picture of the type of goose that will swim for many more days because of my heroism.

2 comments:

Kristin Barnett said...

AFFFFLLLAAAACCCC!!!!

aflac. Good work, Ags.

few4th said...

Sounds like you and the fowl bonded on a deep level. I hope you two have many happy years together. Unfortunately, your kids will be doomed to having huge beaks with huge lips on the end.